Thank you to everyone who attended the General Meeting Last Wednesday. It was great to be with all of you!
Here are three quick “to-dos” for the week.
1 – Service Survey: Please take a minute to take our meeting service survey to provide us feedback on which service activities you would be interested in doing as a group.
2- Disbursements Survey: Please also take a minute to fill our disbursements survey. This helps us identify where we will disburse funds raised for the 2019-2020 club year.
3 – Order Your Light Up Wyoming Kit Here:
JWC SignUp Genius – There are not currently any active sign-ups. Stay tuned for Light Up Wyoming sign-ups!
JWC’s Mission and Volunteering Expectations: The beginning of the club year is a good time to revisit club expectations. The mission of JWC is to provide an opportunity for women to make a difference in the community through service and fundraising and to build bonds with one and other.
To further this purpose, each member is expected to attend meetings and participate in club activities with the following guidelines. Each member is expected to track her hours individually to ensure she is meeting these goals.
- Attend at least 5 General Meetings
- Accrue 25 volunteering hours consisting of 7 hours in your assigned fundraiser, 7 hours in your assigned service activity, 11 hours in any JWC sponsored fundraiser or service activity.
- Attend at least 5 General Meetings
- Attend at least 5 New Member Meetings
- Accrue 20 hours of volunteering through any combination of the following activities: planning May Buffet, committing to a new member service project, sampling other JWC sponsored service and fundraising activities.
Board Members & Committee Chairs
- Attend 5 General Meetings
- Attend 5 Board or Committee Meetings
- Commit to 20 hours of planning, organizing, and volunteering for their assigned role.
Sustaining Members (only available to members who have completed 5 years of service in good standing):
- Commit to 10 hours of volunteering for a JWC sponsored fundraiser or service.
Sponsorship for 2019-2020 – Do you know of a business or organization that would be interested in sponsoring JWC’s fundraising events? Have them reach out to our sponsorship team at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.jwc-wyoming.org/sponsorship. This year they will have 3 choices of sponsorship levels:
- Advocate: $200 – Your business name on club T-shirts, official sponsorship of 1 fundraising event of your choosing.
- Director: $350 – Your business name on club T-shirts, sponsorship of our Shamrock Shakedown, official sponsorship of 2 other fundraising events of your choosing.
- Presidential: $500 – Your business NAME AND LOGO on club T-shirts, sponsorship of our Shamrock Shakedown, official sponsorship of all 3 other fundraising events – Light up Wyoming, Euchre and Back to School Bash.
Club Calendar – Stay up-to-date on our club calendar by subscribing to the JWC Club Calendar below. Upcoming events include:
- Fall Social Event (Rescheduled) – We have rescheduled our Fall Social Event to HighGrain Brewing Company to November 6th at 7:00 PM. We hope to see you there!
- Wyoming City Council Candidate Forum – The Wyoming Woman’s Club invites the community to a City Council Candidates Forum on October 23rd from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. The event will be moderated by the League of Women Voters and is sponsored by the Wyoming Woman’s Club.
Shout out to the Sponsorship Committee for bringing in lots of AMAZING and GENEROUS sponsors. We can’t wait to see the results!
Need to add something to the JWC Update or give a shout out? Please email email@example.com.